I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

ack!!! Winter

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

ack!!! Winter

Post by mdubya »

Since the Balto/DC area got its big storm a few weeks back, it has just continued to snow and snow here. I left the area on Decmber 22. I drove out to Rt. 68 in a mild storm. I returned home on Jan. 1, and it was basically white out conditions from Rt. 68 to my front door 25 miles south (it did let up a bit once I got down to the lake area). With all the new accumulation, it took me several attempts in 4wd to get up my drive way. It didn't make it all the way and left the truck parked sideways about half way up and walked in from there. :screwy:

0 hour snow drift up to my kitchen window:

roofline:

massive icicle out my filthy dinning room window. It is at least 6':

I shoveled the driveway, front porch, and cleaned off the truck last night. This is what it looks like now.

It hasn't stopped snowing since I hit Garrett County Jan 1. Who's idea was it for me to move here?

Luckily, this has been keeping me warm, occupied:

Offers of plowing and heating equipment here accepted below. :freakey: :kumbaya: :boohoo: :ride:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: ack!!! Winter

Post by Rut Row »

I'll come over and help Mike! Let me check my schedule... Hmmmm...

I have an opening in Mid April - is that soon enough? :harhar:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

DAMN Mike, you do live in the hinterlands. f_ck that, just sayin'
Bruce
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

The last 2 years have been terrible. January 5th (or so) 2007, we had a big ADVrider dual sport ride out here, temps in the low 50's. That was more reasonable. Fall 2006, I rode Green Ridge right up until the weekend before Christmas. We have all been pretty much unable to ride since Thanksgiving this year.

I am hoping for an early spring (and not expecting it :lol2: ).

Can't wait for the first trip to Mountain Ridge in April! :roost:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

mdubya wrote:The last 2 years have been terrible. January 5th (or so) 2007, we had a big ADVrider dual sport ride out here, temps in the low 50's. That was more reasonable. Fall 2006, I rode Green Ridge right up until the weekend before Christmas. We have all been pretty much unable to ride since Thanksgiving this year.

Mtn Ridge may be snowed in until May :lol2:
Bruce
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

dirtygrunt wrote:
mdubya wrote:The last 2 years have been terrible. January 5th (or so) 2007, we had a big ADVrider dual sport ride out here, temps in the low 50's. That was more reasonable. Fall 2006, I rode Green Ridge right up until the weekend before Christmas. We have all been pretty much unable to ride since Thanksgiving this year.

Mtn Ridge may be snowed in until May :lol2:

On the bright side, I might be a half decent guitar player by May. :ride:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
gtop

Post by gtop »

I would love to live out there. All that snow and minutes away from Wisp
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

gtop wrote:I would love to live out there. All that snow and minutes away from Wisp
Yeah but it would take you all day to dig out to get 5 minutes up the road. :lol2:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
mullethead774
DAMN Wanabe

Post by mullethead774 »

Awsome stuff Mdubya. The axes not the snow. I got enough of that garbage here. What did I see there. A Fender, Two Gibsons & an Epiphone? I've owned all three brands over the years. Sold my prize posession a few years back, A 1967 Fender Mustang, when I went through divorce #2. Identical to the one Kurt cobain played in the video, "Smells Like Teen Spirit". I had it since 1982. Sucks. I have an acoustic fender & a Charvel Jackson now. I play strictly for my own misery anymore. Usually requires booze & an excessive amount of volume. Enjoy your down time. I'm trying here. This shit sucks.
Where'd the light go?
'05 YZ250
'02 KLR650
'01 Sprint RS
'02 CR80 #1 grandson's
OldmanX
DAMN Expert

Post by OldmanX »

mullethead774 wrote:Awsome stuff Mdubya. The axes not the snow. I got enough of that garbage here. What did I see there. A Fender, Two Gibsons & an Epiphone? I've owned all three brands over the years. Sold my prize posession a few years back, A 1967 Fender Mustang, when I went through divorce #2. Identical to the one Kurt cobain played in the video, "Smells Like Teen Spirit". I had it since 1982. Sucks. I have an acoustic fender & a Charvel Jackson now. I play strictly for my own misery anymore and the misery of any others within range. Usually requires booze & an excessive amount of volume. Enjoy your down time. I'm trying here. This shit sucks.
As long as you don't sing :kumbaya: we'll tolerate you.

Was that 67 Mustang fender OEM or aftermarket? If it was rust-free, it'd have been worth a few knobbies...
530 XCR-W...plated
300 XC
WR450
XR600R...for sale