I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

ack!!! Winter

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
mullethead774
DAMN Wanabe

Re: ack!!! Winter

Post by mullethead774 »

OldmanX wrote:
mullethead774 wrote:Awsome stuff Mdubya. The axes not the snow. I got enough of that garbage here. What did I see there. A Fender, Two Gibsons & an Epiphone? I've owned all three brands over the years. Sold my prize posession a few years back, A 1967 Fender Mustang, when I went through divorce #2. Identical to the one Kurt cobain played in the video, "Smells Like Teen Spirit". I had it since 1982. Sucks. I have an acoustic fender & a Charvel Jackson now. I play strictly for my own misery anymore and the misery of any others within range. Usually requires booze & an excessive amount of volume. Enjoy your down time. I'm trying here. This shit sucks.
As long as you don't sing :kumbaya: we'll tolerate you.

Was that 67 Mustang fender OEM or aftermarket? If it was rust-free, it'd have been worth a few knobbies...
I should learn to just keep my head down & my pie hole shut. :peep:

Fruitloop handles the singng chores. I am vocaly challenged, you might say.
Where'd the light go?
'05 YZ250
'02 KLR650
'01 Sprint RS
'02 CR80 #1 grandson's
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

mullethead774 wrote:Awsome stuff Mdubya. The axes not the snow. I got enough of that garbage here. What did I see there. A Fender, Two Gibsons & an Epiphone? I've owned all three brands over the years. Sold my prize posession a few years back, A 1967 Fender Mustang, when I went through divorce #2. Identical to the one Kurt cobain played in the video, "Smells Like Teen Spirit". I had it since 1982. Sucks. I have an acoustic fender & a Charvel Jackson now. I play strictly for my own misery anymore. Usually requires booze & an excessive amount of volume. Enjoy your down time. I'm trying here. This shit sucks.
Thanks mullet. :thumbup: The Fender is actually a made in Japan Squire, Wayne's World model. It has a nice birdseye maple neck. It is a smallish neck though. I would prefer something chunkier.

I had to sell an old favorite a few years back, a 1995 Gibson Firebird V, reissue. It was a beautiful guitar, but the '91 SG Special has been with me forever, and while it might not be real pretty, it sounds and plays great. I was able to replace the Firebird with the SG Classic on the right this fall. It is my new #1. The Epi Sheraton holds its own with the 2 SG's. I am lucky to have 3 great sounding, great playing guitars. BTW-the little Vox amp is plugged into the Marshall 2x12 cabinet and it sounds like a big amp when played through the 25 watt Greenbacks.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
mullethead774
DAMN Wanabe

Post by mullethead774 »

[

It is a smallish neck though.

BTW-the little Vox amp is plugged into the Marshall 2x12 cabinet and it sounds like a big amp when played through the 25 watt Greenbacks.[/quote]
I liked that "smallish neck" on my Mistang. Short/fat finger syndrome here.

And it's amazing the sound you can get out of some of that little stuff. There is so much out there to play with & get the sound you want. I used to have a Yamaha effects processor. I don't remember the model. You could do some pretty incredible stuff with it. Sold all the big stuff when I quit playing out. I play through a little Peavey Backstage Plus & a DOD TR3M pedal set up now. I still have stuff like a graphic EQ & some other stuff but I don't mess with them much.
Where'd the light go?
'05 YZ250
'02 KLR650
'01 Sprint RS
'02 CR80 #1 grandson's
OldmanX
DAMN Expert

Post by OldmanX »

mullethead774 wrote:[

It is a smallish neck though.

BTW-the little Vox amp is plugged into the Marshall 2x12 cabinet and it sounds like a big amp when played through the 25 watt Greenbacks.
I liked that "smallish neck" on my Mistang. Short/fat finger syndrome here.

And it's amazing the sound you can get out of some of that little stuff. There is so much out there to play with & get the sound you want. I used to have a Yamaha effects processor. I don't remember the model. You could do some pretty incredible stuff with it. Sold all the big stuff when I quit playing out. I play through a little Peavey Backstage Plus & a DOD TR3M pedal set up now. I still have stuff like a graphic EQ & some other stuff but I don't mess with them much.[/quote]

Better not let Boom Boom see that you prefer smaller necks...
530 XCR-W...plated
300 XC
WR450
XR600R...for sale
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

mullethead774 wrote: I liked that "smallish neck" on my Mistang. Short/fat finger syndrome here.

And it's amazing the sound you can get out of some of that little stuff. There is so much out there to play with & get the sound you want. I used to have a Yamaha effects processor. I don't remember the model. You could do some pretty incredible stuff with it. Sold all the big stuff when I quit playing out. I play through a little Peavey Backstage Plus & a DOD TR3M pedal set up now. I still have stuff like a graphic EQ & some other stuff but I don't mess with them much.
My guitar playing renaissance began a few winters ago. Before that I had not played seriously for years and just plunked around on a couple of acoustics I had. My fun gear sat ignored. Some kid on some forum somewhere was asking about techinique for pinch harmonics and I had to go fire things up and see if I could produce a pinch harmonic. :lol2: Sure enough, I could, but my playing was otherwise abysmal. I found myself living in a detached house and snowed in, so I started practicing. I wouldn't dare call myself any good now, but I have my moments. :kumbaya: Youtube rules for home bound guitar has beens. gtop is a guitfiddler too. He is responsible for alot of my new found madness, too. Check out his virtual Zeppelin threads.

The Vox is 4 watts and has a built in attenuator. It steps down to 1 and 1/10 watt. I play it fairly cranked on 1/10 most of the time. It shakes the floor cranked on 1 watt through the cabinet and on 4 watts it rattles the windows. Cheap thrills, but fun. :brows:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
mullethead774
DAMN Wanabe

Post by mullethead774 »

[quote]
"I wouldn't dare call myself any good now, but I have my moments."

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have found that excessive amounts of booze helps.

As far as youtube goes, can't quite pull those off here. Believe it or not, I'm running Windows 95 & dial up. In other words...I don't have that kind of time. Get it? :boohoo:
Where'd the light go?
'05 YZ250
'02 KLR650
'01 Sprint RS
'02 CR80 #1 grandson's
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

mullethead774 wrote:Believe it or not, I'm running Windows 95 & dial up. In other words...I don't have that kind of time. Get it? :boohoo:
Whoa! I am calling Stephen Hawking. I have found the worm hole to go back in time! :ride:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

mdubya wrote:
mullethead774 wrote:Believe it or not, I'm running Windows 95 & dial up. In other words...I don't have that kind of time. Get it? :boohoo:
Whoa! I am calling Stephen Hawking. I have found the worm hole to go back in time! :ride:
shit - it probably has a 80286 CPU too!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mullethead774
DAMN Wanabe

Post by mullethead774 »

mdubya wrote:
Yeah buddy, 2 strokes & mullets forever dude.

You think that's bad, all of OldmanX's t shirts are tye dye & say free love or have peace signs. And Boom Boom, I don't think he ever realized there were Japanese bikes imported. He's still hooked on the European stuff. :rayof:
Where'd the light go?
'05 YZ250
'02 KLR650
'01 Sprint RS
'02 CR80 #1 grandson's