Another Nube Question..

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
mustangwagz

Another Nube Question..

Post by mustangwagz » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:03 pm

WTF is a farkle fest?!?! lol i was like uhhh...hmm...yup..time to ask. lol

Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Another Nube Question..

Post by Wingfixer » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:10 pm

From the urban dictionary:

"The word is generally accepted to mean a combination of "function" and "sparkle", hence, farkle. Motorcycle enthusiasts may install accessories, called farkles (also spelled farkel), to customize their machine."
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

mustangwagz

Post by mustangwagz » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:16 pm

Ohhhhhhhh!! Cool!

Thanks btw!

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:15 am

mustangwagz wrote:WTF is a farkle fest?!?! lol i was like uhhh...hmm...yup..time to ask. lol
A festival of farkling. Generally something that gets one in trouble with his/her spouse which in itself is a good reason to ... oh wait, my bride reads this board too... :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

mustangwagz

Post by mustangwagz » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:59 pm

Busted!! lol

Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:07 pm

And "farkle" isn't always complimentary. Sometimes it has connotations of prioritizing function too far before appearance. If you see a KLR with every accessory from the SW Motech catalog, plus some DAMN junk from Pep Boys, and some home made stuff (like a PVC tool tube), you could properly say "DAMN, that bike is farkled" and it would be a statement about how it's over-done, perhaps tacky-looking, possibly ridiculous, and maybe even perfume on a pig.