:lurker:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: 2010 DS Camping Trip 777 Ride (Part Deux) - July 17/18

Post by Bucho »

I kinda hate getting home from a good motorcycle trip, b/c I know it will be too long before I get out on another...

Great trip, Jason laid out a pretty good supermoto ride. Though due to some GPS/rollchart errors the group I was with missed at least one good road. JR and his brother have a good story about a herding cows on dirtbikes. On day one, I really enjoyed the infamous squirrel road, aka "insane crown road". As long as you get on the inside corner you had a banked turn. Though my favorite road from day one was the paved section running down from the Howard Lick State Park area. I lost count of the switchbacks.
Best road from day 2 was either public road 44, or the dirtroad JR's brother took a spill on. If only b/c two riders hit a turkey that was trying to cross the road.
Hey Chris, we know it takes time to edit/load your helmet cam footage, but you know we are all dying to see it.

Luckily it wasn't till the way home that my rear tube shredded. Barry loaned me a 21" front tube, and every else pitched in w/ tools and they had me back on the road in no time. I got another hour down the road and then that tube also went. I waited a couple hours in a parking lot and my wife came down w/ a pickup truck to get me.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Surron UltraBee
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

mdubya wrote:
hondahawkrider wrote:I took painful few pics - but here are the few I have
What road/trail is this?

:lurker:
it's cr18 off of 33 - where we picked Ken's group back up and headed for boyer... We went up to the top - it's rocky - found a gate and came back down the hill.. Half our group went back up and found the road after we got the advice of a local, apparently, it was completely covered in grass... It was shades of last years run...
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

It was a great ride with some truly terrific roads. Since I had more street oriented tires my favorite parts where the twisty asphalt bits but most of the dirt roads where a total blast as well. I was the first of two riders to whack that turkey and I am sure it will be a long time before he forgets this ride, unless he has head trauma. Old route 55 is one of my all-time favorite roads and reminded me of another reason I love my trusty DRz, it was especially fun after I lost the DR650 anchor, sorry again dude. :target:

Here is some video of the creek crossing and some pics:

F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

A few shots of the group at the MARC station:

The group was just too big to get into one shot, the last count I got was 20 bikes even but I heard there where 21.

Riders meeting, what did he say again?

Bucho being Bucho:

Casa de Wingfixer:

Casa de Bucho:
A little more spartan, because he is a little more manly.

Total mileage for the two days:

That's a fair piece of riding for this bike. Great weekend!! :thumbsup: I can't wait for the next one!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Wingfixer wrote:It was a great ride with some truly terrific roads. Since I had more street oriented tires my favorite parts where the twisty asphalt bits but most of the dirt roads where a total blast as well. I was the first of two riders to whack that turkey and I am sure it will be a long time before he forgets this ride, unless he has head trauma. Old route 55 is one of my all-time favorite roads and reminded me of another reason I love my trusty DRz, it was especially fun after I lost the DR650 anchor, sorry again dude. :target:

Here is some video of the creek crossing and some pics:

Great vids Patrick! :rickey:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
OTTO
DAMN n00b

Post by OTTO »

I had a great time riding and meeting some of the DAMN riders. I had to turn around to head back home around 165 miles at 2pm near Seneca Rocks. I took a few pic's, mostly of me and the Dude. Looking forward to next year for two days.

After the waterX

Some strange creatures along the way, then there are those large dinosaurs too

When you follow the purple line on the GPS instead of the road..... :ride:

Good thing that tree was down, there was a 30-40 foot drop on the other side

Hiking with full gear on is DAMN hot..and NO we can not go that way..

How many DAMN riders do you see???

DAMN.. No one home. I really need to pee ( at least this house had glass in the windows)

Traveled old 55 home. What a great road. THe new 55 is BORING and it looks like it was expensive to build.. Thanks but no thanks Senator Byrd (RIP) I'll stick to the old road

Whites Ferry, almost home

I backtracked a good portion of the DAMN days route when I went back home. I went through the water crossing and it appears that that is the local swimming pool. I had to wait for people to move out of the way so i could cross. I should have taken a picture of that...Oh well.

Great ride total mileage for the day 342 miles.

CHeers

Paul
Paul McN.
18 KTM 250 EXC-F
16 Honda Africa Twin
badguy
DAMN Expert

Post by badguy »

Great pictures and videos guys :thumbup: Thanks for setting this up, Jason, I had a blast! The squirrel road wouldn't have been so bad if I wasn't worried about someone coming around a turn from the other direction...like Bucho said - it would've been banked turns the whole way.

Great meeting new people and riding with others again.

Here are some of my pics:

Dan drinking something questionable :screwy:

I don't think that's a garage...

When we stopped to add some fuel to Skierd's bike, we noticed this :wallbash: must have been too much load for the low pressure?

Quick break at Seneca Rocks

Sunset at Camp DAMN

And the sun rises once again

It was overcast most of the day, but it kept things pretty cool for the most part and looked nice too

Stop at Dolly Sods

ooh look, a flower

Meeting of the minds to get bucho back on the road. Glad it worked out to at least get you closer to home

Thanks again Jason! Looking forward to next year :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

badguy wrote:I don't think that's a garage...

:
I'm glad you got a pic of that. I remember seeing that as i went by. First you think its a garage, but it is a house built up around a trailer/RV!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Surron UltraBee
dc_Minnesota

Post by dc_Minnesota »

Kyler wrote:Teaser...

DAMNage report (as of 0400 this morning)
- one almost Golden Snorkel Award
what does that really mean... "almost". I almost didn't go down on "squirrel road" too. :jack: :wallbash: :harhar: