Any trials riders close by? Frederick/Hagerstown Area

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Any trials riders close by? Frederick/Hagerstown Area

Post by Stinson »

Hey guys,

I just moved back to MD after being away for awhile. I am a singletrack junkie, rocks, roots, tight trees, the more technical the better! Anyway, I just picked up a trials bike to mess around on at the house. I live on the side of a mountain, so I have some nice rocks to play on. Wondering if anyone close by rides trials, and can teach me a thing or to. I have one other buddy who picked up a trials bike and we ride at my house, but we are enduro/woods riders and dont really know what we are doing. :ride:
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Re: Any trials riders close by? Frederick/Hagerstown Area

Post by motojunky »

Stinson wrote:Hey guys,

I just moved back to MD after being away for awhile. I am a singletrack junkie, rocks, roots, tight trees, the more technical the better! Anyway, I just picked up a trials bike to mess around on at the house. I live on the side of a mountain, so I have some nice rocks to play on. Wondering if anyone close by rides trials, and can teach me a thing or to. I have one other buddy who picked up a trials bike and we ride at my house, but we are enduro/woods riders and dont really know what we are doing. :ride:
Hey Stinson,

I'm not exactly close, but probably in the 2 hour range and not afraid to ride in the cold. Let's try to hook up after the holidays.

We're getting quite a few trials riders here on the DAMN site. We really should all try to get together for a little ride sometime.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Next time BoomBoom host a ride at his property you need to go. He is a big trials guy and loves to get people into the sport. He has let me play on his trials bike and given me instruction.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Surron UltraBee
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Looks like you are about an hour away from my place.
The Cove is not far from you and tons of good trials stuff to play on there.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

The R&T is the local trials club - PM me and I'll hook you up with their Prez.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Post by Stinson »

motojunky wrote:

Hey Stinson,

I'm not exactly close, but probably in the 2 hour range and not afraid to ride in the cold. Let's try to hook up after the holidays.

We're getting quite a few trials riders here on the DAMN site. We really should all try to get
together for a little ride sometime.

Cool lets do that. Little cold weather does not bother me.
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Post by Stinson »

Boom Boom wrote:Looks like you are about an hour away from my place.
The Cove is not far from you and tons of good trials stuff to play on there.
Cool, looking forward to riding with you. I have been out to the cove a few times for rock crawling and some dirtbiking, im sure there is some good stuff to play on out there. Ive got some Cove type stuff right out my back yard. Ill have to get some pics to post up. :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I am in Annapolis, but also am a R&T member and the vice prez-----Great place to ride trials.

We should get a trials day set up. I know some other property in Frederick/Thurmont area we ought to see if we can have a "trials" day! I'll have to ask the owner!

Anyway, check out this thread, you may be interested.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2345
Lots of cool bikes---
billy jack
DAMN Wanabe

Post by billy jack »

I'd love to get some good woods riding in. I need some tree-avoidance practice. hit me up next time you plan on going out.
"that's NOT a chainsaw strapped to the back of your harley is it!"
"It was when I strapped it on there..."