Third Annual Blind Enduro Nov 25th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Re: Third Annual Blind Enduro Nov 25th

Post by Junior » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:20 pm

Kyler wrote:My 450 has bent bars, bent clutch lever, broken tail light and a bunch of other maintenance things to do.

Fug it.

Just got a kitchen pass. If the weather isn't too bad, I'm in!
Thats what happens when you visit the motoshed!!!!!! :rickey:
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX

Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:56 pm

Kyler wrote:My 450 has bent bars, bent clutch lever, broken tail light and a bunch of other maintenance things to do.

Fug it.

Highs in the upper 40's and sunny! Sound good?
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:03 pm

Taylor wrote:

Fug it.

Highs in the upper 40's and sunny! Sound good?
upper 40s?????? :eyes:

:huh:

:fitz:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:56 pm

I'm out. Have way too many projects and honey-does to get done. :fitz:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:08 pm

I just installed my tank and my 450 exc wouldn't start. So after cranking and cranking, I noticed fuel leaking from that rotating brass fitting were the fuel goes into the carb. More cranking. Went around the other side of the bike and noticed the spark plug wire wasn't on! :wallbash: SO then looked up the fuel fitting online. THeres a screw holding the fitting in and 3 o rings...that's gotta be it right? So I took it out, replaced the o's with 3 from a "standard" kit. and tried to re-install. They were a RCH too thick but I strained and pushed and screwed, and kept lubing the rings nad kept trying finally had to shove the thing in with channel locks. But at least it doesn't leak and the bike runs!

Well I'm wearing my thermal underwear for tomoorrow, and maye even a windbreaker tooo. It's gonna be chilly. See ya'll there tomorrow.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T

Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:50 pm

Whit the new format this year, what time is everyone planning on arriving?

Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:39 pm

What a great event today. The new format was great and the trails were perfect. You could ride as many laps on whichever course you wanted from 10 till 2. At the start of each lap you either went through the untimed gate or timed gate if you wanted that lap to be one of your 3 timed laps. Start riding whenever you wanted, and take breaks whenever. Wound up finishing the day tied for 5th place. Was a good turnout and I thought the format was perfect. Made for a fun day of trail riding with the chance of winning a little something.

Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:43 am

Where is the pics at???
Sounds like a good time.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr

BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:37 pm

I took my #1 daughter, who is older than most of the folks on this site :lol2: to the event for her 3RD ride.
She had done a half hour in my back yard and an hour at a little kiddy moto track.

She did GREAT. She made 6 laps of the C loop on the FrankenBeta 80 - 4 with me along and 2 SOLO and stood the whole time :loveit:
This is more time standing than I've done since I started riding again a couple of years ago :lol2:

The C course was perfect for her with a few deep dips, several small logs, LOTS of very tight turns in the trees and a fast open grass section.
She had a few of minor crashes but was able to pick the bike up and get back on an keep on going like a pro. You guys better practice up or she may make you look bad soon :lol2:

She really enjoyed it and is looking forward to the next riding opportunity.

I really enjoyed riding with her and then got to do a lap of the A course at the end while she rode solo on the C loop.

I think the only DAMN folks I saw were Grady and the Duchess and BECKYB
(who has been giving me mountain bike riding lessons in the Frederick Watershed :rayof: in return for me letting her try my FrankenBetas) :loveit:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike

Hoffa509
DAMN n00b

Post by Hoffa509 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:12 pm

Loved your Frankenbetas. The only thing better was the guy who welded a minivan to a horse trailer. The B loop was very long and much better than the slop we delt with last year. They also put chain link down in the stream crossings so they did not get torn up again.
Husky TE 250
KLR 650
Honda Reflex (not the scooter)
Yamaha RD350 (project)